Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 4, Franklin, TN


Going into the Grand Ol Opry

Today was a day of relaxation for our group and we took time to visit old friends and make some new ones. I had to get the Raffle in order which took a few hours but working with friends makes the time fly. This year two separate raffles are being held, one to benefit the Model A Museum and the other to offset any potential losses to MAFCA. The weather heated up to remind me how great the first 3 days have been. The report is for cooling back to the 70’s starting Monday-hope so!

Welcome to MAFCA

Little Jimmy Dickens

This evening 5 bus loads of Model A’rs went to the Grand Ol’ Opry where our introduction received the biggest applause of any other group attending. Little Jimmy Dickens kept all in-stitches and it seemed all were discussing on the ride back who they liked the most. I have wanted to visit the Opry since I was young. A few years ago we stayed at the Opryland Hotel but were not able to get to the Opry. I can now mark something off my bucket list. The entertainers were fantastic and it seemed everyone had a great time.

So far all those I have talked to are enjoying themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment